Friday 18 November 2011

A rally of my own

Like a lot of petrol heads I'd watch a rally every day if I could, alas even if I had the time there just aren't enough rallies so I decided to recreate the experience in my own garage.

All I do is wait until it gets really cold, stand in a bucket of water, slowly apply a few drop of Castrol GTX to a naked flame and voila!, I could be in Kielder Forest.


Here's Stig Blomqvist on his way to victory on the 1983 RAC.





















Bjorn Waldegard negotiates a hairpin under the watchful eye of a farmer on the 1977 event.












Roger Clark passes a Welshman and his sheep in 1976.













However when I'm tired of that I pop on the shades, pour a glass of vino rosso and enkjoy life in San Remo; beautiful cars, beautiful ladies.....
















....and fun that continues all night.











And thanks to a miracle of modern road construction the two places are just a short drive away from each other.

Here a class winning Alfa Romeo TZ2 negotiates some unseasonable snow on the 1966 Targa Florio.

No comments:

Post a Comment